Finally my first recipe!

Author: Talon // Category:

After looking through my virtual recipes on my laptop, I finally found one that I wanted to post.
This is a recipe is from "BOBBY FLAY'S GRILL IT!" by Bobby Flay with Stephanie Banyas and Sally Jackson.
Grilled Bananas with 
Dulce de Leche Ice Cream 
and Cinnamon-Orange Sauce
 What you need: 
2 Teaspoons grated orange zest | 4 ripe bananas
3 Cups orange juice (not from concentrate) |2 tablespoons butter, melted, or canola oil
2 tablespoons granulated sugar |4 scoops dulce de leche or vanilla ice cream
2 tablespoons light brown sugar |2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1. Combine the orange zest, juice, and granulated  and brown sugars in a medium sauce pan over high heat and simmer, stirring frequently, until reduced to 1 cup and thickened to sauce consistency , about 15 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in the ground cinnamon. Let cool slightly. (The sauce can be served warm or at room temperature.)

2. Heat your grill to medium-high.

3. leaving the skin on, cut the bananas in half crosswise and then lengthwise. Brush the cut side of the bananas with butter and place them on the grill , cut side down. Grill until lightly golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Turn the bananas over and continue cooking, skin side down, until the skin begins to pull away from the banana, about one minute longer.

4. Remove the skins from the bananas and place 4 pieces into each serving bowl. Top with a large scoop of ice cream and drizzle with the cinnamon-Orange syrup and toasted almonds, if desired.  

2 Responses to "Finally my first recipe!"

Anonymous Says :
Monday, October 6, 2008 at 11:44:00 AM PDT

That sounds really good, I've always liked Bobby Flay. I wacth food network often because when my mom is home I want to hang out with her, she is always wacthing food network. Are you going to help YOUR flock? Or do you think it's a joke?

Talon Says :
Monday, October 6, 2008 at 1:47:00 PM PDT

You watch food network too?! I love it, that is so cool.
Yes I have left school today because I am on break, and I will not show up on Nov 1st because I will be in Australia in 5 hours, saving Aces but (again).

Post a Comment